- U.S. subsidiaries of global companies play a vital role in South Carolina’s economy, insourcing 127,300 jobs; writing paychecks to 8 percent of South Carolina’s private-sector workforce.
- South Carolina ranks 16th in the nation in the total number of jobs at U.S. subsidiaries.
- More than 55 percent of jobs at U.S. subsidiaries in South Carolina are in the manufacturing industry-accounting for 71,800 jobs.
- South Carolina ranks 11th in the nation in the number of manufacturing industry jobs at U.S. subsidiaries.
- 660 insourcing companies have operations in South Carolina.
(From the Organization for International Investment)
“Why South Carolina will Continue to be a Favorite for Foreign Investors”
From Colliers International: See more on Colliers.com