The SC REALTORS® Foundation is a charitable foundation with a history of supporting disaster victims. In the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, 8 Counties in South Carolina have been declared Federal Disaster Areas, including Marion, Horry, Williamsburg, Georgetown, Orangeburg, Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester, having experienced flooding and high winds causing significant property damage to residents. Post-storm flooding has been catastrophic in areas and the SC REALTORS® Foundation, partnered with the REALTOR® Relief Foundation, are prepared to provide relief to those affected. Please consider making a donation to the SC REALTORS® Foundation to help us make a difference in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence.
If you are in need of help, or know another family in need:
Assistance is available to qualified applicants towards one of the following options:
- Monthly mortgage expense for the primary residence that was damaged by Hurricane Florence or;
- Rental cost of temporary shelter due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from Hurricane Florence. Relief assistance is limited to $1,000 per applicant per household.
You must meet the following guidelines in order to qualify for this program:
- Complete this application and submit it along with all other required documents.
- Recipient must be a full-time resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted for residence in the United States.
- Must include Proof of Residency (e.g. copy of your driver’s license or other governmental documentation evidencing residency).
- Must include a copy of your Mortgage Statement or Mortgage Payment Coupon or Rent Statement or Lease Agreement
- One of the following required to show proof of damage to your primary residence.
- Photos of Damages; or
- Insurance Estimate; or
- Copies of Written Claims, Settlement Proceeds or Claim Status Reports; or
- Copies of Repair Estimates from Contractors.
- Property must be your primary residence and must be in a designated disaster area.
There are limited funds and applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.
Together, we can make a difference to those suffering in the wake of Hurricane Florence.